I absolutely love how long the days are getting, don’t you? I love the sun and daylight! It’s a gift really.
A dear hypnotist friend of mine sums it up nicely when he says “I received a great gift today: I woke up!” It is so true. Being awakened into the new, expanding into your life! Love it.
Today I want to share with you a meditative process that helped me, in hopes it will help you in your time of need. I learned it in a training of Deepak Chopra. It was at a time in my life when things seemed to be going in a “wrong” direction. Hope was lost and my life felt dark. You may have noticed that we often use the metaphor of darkness and the night for life struggles, bad situations. Deepak was discussing the profoundness that it is always darkest before the dawn and that we can use the dawn and the promise of its energy for healing any situation. He emphasized dawn as our creation time, making all sorts of wonderful references to “let there be light!” He even went into the science of photosynthesis. Dawn being the time when photosynthesis is strongest providing the greatest output of oxygen from all the plants—oxygen --which is essential to our life!
He asked us to reorganize our daily schedule around the most important natural event of the day at dawn, at least once a week. This would allow us to take advantage of this deeper connection to nature. He promised that we would then be in tune with the greatest cosmic forces of revitalization that occur each and every day! Everything that follows will be more energized and more in tune with who you really are. Your Creation Time!
Of course that was music to my ears and so I began his simple process and it allowed me to improve my perspective and move away from the darkness and into the light of my life! I have also shared it with clients and students who are ready to let go of their limitations and step into their power.
Here it is:
Allow 20 minutes for your morning meditation. Start your meditation ten minutes before dawn. If dawn is at, say, approximately 6 am, then you would plan to start your day with meditation from 5:50 – 6:10 am. Then:
1. Sit facing the direction the sun will come up. Just focus your attention on the slow, even flow of breath as it passes in and out of your nostrils for a moment or two.
2. Visualize each in-breath as white light filling your body. Then, at the top of each in-breath, mentally repeat once the affirmation “I am Infinite Being.” Or “I am Creator” (or other powerful statement of your power..for example I had one client use “All things are possible through the Christ within me”)
3. On the out-breath, allow your attention to follow the flow of air from your nostrils. To induce an immediate calming effect, slow each out-breath and allow it to take up to twice as long as each in-breath.
4. Hold the breath out of your body, if possible for as long as you took on the out-breath. In this quiet space, don’t think, just be. Become quietly aware of thoughts and impressions that may arise from your inner self. Thank them for coming. The end of each breath cycle thus becomes your personal communion space with your inner being.
5. Return to active intention by starting the breath cycle again at step 1.
Hope it helps you! Let me know.